Friday 17 June 2011

Tarzan

Being back at work for a few days has made me realize that I'm not necessarily going to be able to blog quite as much as I wanted. Its going be a bit of 'it happens when it happens". I have some time today, so I'm making the most of it. Here goes!!!....

I Started back at work on Tuesday evening and was so excited to do the show again! (I should probably fill you all in).

I work in Hamburg as a dancer in the Disney show Tarzan.


The show is based on the animated movie with music by Phil Collins.  I've been doing the show in Hamburg for about 18 months now and am loving it!!! I'm really so proud to be part of this show and be working with such talented people. Here's a little promotional clip for the show.



For the majority of the show I play a gorilla :-) but also get to be a leopard, a dancing fern and when I first started the show I also played a moth.  The show has a very contemporary/African feel to it. This comes through in the dance styles but also the design of the set and the costumes:

Me as the Moth

As Gorilla

It was a little tuff getting back into the show after having two weeks off. I have to be honest my muscles are pretty sore today from working them all once again! The pain will go in a few days though and I'll be back to normal.

We have also been rehearsing lots this week, the Disney creative team are here from Broadway. They are here on one of many routine trips to Hamburg to look at the show, making sure it is all up to scratch. This adds an element of tension in the theatre as everybody obviously wants to put there best foot forward and make a good impression. This has been another factor in jump starting my body out of vacation mode :-)
I'm getting back on track slowly but surely! 

I haven't had too much time for anything else this week. I haven't worked on any projects in a few days! Although I'm hoping to go and get some new felt tip pens and start working on some new pictures.
Dennis bought us a new sewing machine earlier in the week!  That is definitely going to open up a many more possibilities in terms of creative lovelyness. I can't wait to try it out!!!

I hope you enjoy the little glimpse I have given you into my work and I promise to share more with you very soon.
I must run off to rehearsals! Will speak soon :-)
Until then enjoy the sunny weather!!!!

This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting! Made my muscles ache just watching. It looks like a fantastic show and to be a part of it is amazing. I have been thinking about getting a sewing machine, but I has very bad experiences with them at school. I don't have a clue how to use one and the more I look at what to buy the more muddled I get. I will be interested to see how you get on and what you make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the show looks amazing! Fantastic costumes too! Looking forward to seeing what you make with your sewing machine. I got one for christmas and am very proud of the crochet hook rolls that I've made - although they took me hours to do :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved to see the Tarzan video and your pictures... I haven't seen the play but I'd love to!!

    ReplyDelete